Hi Beauties, I am delighted to share with you my very first guest-post, in collaboration with Canadian Beauty Bloggers (makes a lot of sense since you all know I’m Canadian – the french part of it at least). This month’s theme is “Worth the Splurge” and this post is from Jordana (you probably know her already), from JustJ, who is sharing 5 items (All of which I need to try) that definitely will give you big results for your buck. Thanks MizzJ ♥
Hi everyone, this is MizzJ of Just J here! I am guesting today on CurlySpringBlossom as her August CBB guest blogger! The theme of the month this time around is to chat about our favourite splurge-worthy items. As a beauty blogger, I’ve had the opportunity to try out tons of different products and oftentimes I find that price doesn’t always imply performance. Every once in a while though, there are products that I can definitively say are worth every penny, whether it be because of its efficacy, packaging, or just plain uniqueness.
Here are a few such items that I would empty my wallet for again and again:
- Charlotte Tillbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow: this is the newest item in this round-up, but already one of my most loved products. Before this product I had never really got the whole bronzing thing. Now I know. At $80 this palette is definitely a splurge, but man oh man, is it worth it! The color of this palette is amazing – it’s not orange at all and it just has this beautifully soft texture that just sculpts cheekbones out of nowhere. The bronzer also has a slight shimmer to it that really lights up the face and when paired with the accompanying highlighter, I feel as glamourous as a Beyonce or JLo.
- Clarisonic Mia 2: the popular Clarisonic cleansing brush systems are known for their performance as well as their price – it’s not uncommon for systems to cost in the hundreds! The Mia 2 is a triple-speed brush that comes with a sleek stand-up charger. Designed to cleanse 6 times better than fingers alone, I love to use my Mia 2 to exfoliate and give my face a deep-down cleanse. Nothing makes your skin feel as refreshed or as refined as a Clarisonic! Truly worth all the hype.
- L’Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream: L’Occitane is one of my favourite skincare brands. With their attention to detail and naturally sourced ingredients, the experience of using a L’Occitane product is almost as important as its ingredients. The Divine Cream is from one of the highest end lines at L’Occitane and it captures the age-defying powers of the Immortelle flower, which is said to never age. At $114 for a 50 ml jar, this precious cream isn’t cheap, but the softness and glow it gives your skin is unlike anything else.
- Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow Foundation: what is a luxury shopping list without a little Guerlain? The Baby Glow foundation is a light-weight, sheer coverage foundation that contains SPF 25 to protect against sun damage and a unique blend of “rainbow pigments” to correct, smooth and illuminate. The texture of this foundation is similar to a BB cream and lasts all day long without touch-ups. Once applied, my skin immediately looks brighter, more even and plumper. The Baby Glow is like a facial in a tube!
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette: anyone who reads my blog knows I’m a total whore for Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes! The Naked 3 is definitely my favourite of the Naked palette series. Unlike the Naked 1 and 2, this rendition focuses on a specific family of colors. The result is a super versatile and easy to use palette that is ideal for creating a huge variety of looks. You can do anything with this palette from creating a soft smoky eye, to a super minimal natural look. If you’re a fan of super-blended, gradient eyes, then this is the palette for you!
- Lancome Grandiose Mascara: last, but not least, is this innovative mascara from Lancome. Until this mascara, I was always really reluctant to spend more than $10 on a mascara as it’s something you use up so quickly and really, how much better can mascara get? Well, this is the one that finally made me change my mind. With its unique swan shaped wand and voluminizing formula, this mascara gave me incredible length and volume. I always judge a killer mascara by the number of questions I get on whether my lashes are real or falsies and judging by the number I got when wearing this mascara, I would say it’s a huge success!
So there you have it – my round-up of some of my favourite splurge-worthy products. Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any of these, or have any other recommendations you think I should try!