♥A Week at Curly Spring Blossom♥
September 18 to September 24
♥ My Favorite New Product of the Week ♥
Dove Coconut & Hydration (Shampoo and Conditionner)
This week, I got to try the new Dove Coconut Hydration, courtesy of Chick Advisor. When I see, hear or read anything “Coconutty” and I just go nuts (How funny right?!?) and this shampoo and conditioner do not disappoint! I absolutely adore it! The not-so overpowering coconut smell (more fruity tropical that plain coconut) is delicious and it does what it supposed to: nicely clean my hair and make my very curly mop of hair detangled easily. This past year, I’ve tried so many high-end shampoos and unfortunately, they were all disappointing and price-wise, just did not justify their price tag. With Dove newest hydration shampoo/conditioner, it’s nice to find an affordable, widely available product that actually works pretty darn good.
Note: These days, my scalp is acting out! For some reasons, it’s now more greasy than it has never been and this combo procures a fresh feeling for up to three days … (A miracle!)
♥ Sephora Deal of the Week ♥
Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10 percent Hydrating Gel
I have been using this PTR Glycol Acid 10% Hydrating Gel for almost two years now and I was (pleasantly) shocked to see this product in Sephora’s Sale Section at half the cost ($30Cnd instead of $60Cnd)! After my initial “yay! it’s on sale. lucky me” reaction, I began to think… We all know what it means when products end up in that dreaded section: discontinued, reformulated or different packaging!
I bought backups just in case, because it’s that good and I got magnificent results using it! This product singularly changed my skin texture almost overnight (10% AHA is powerful) without irritate my skin. I’m not kidding when I say that my foundation is impeccable when I use this product at night. On the plus side, it doesn’t break me out and my skin feels really soft. A must for aging or acne-prone girls with textures on the skin.
What are the benefits of Glycolic Acid?
- Provides a remarkably even exfoliation of the skin,
- Releases and dissolves dead skin cells – clearing up blocked pores and blackheads,
- A very effective acne treatment – particulary cystic acne which is caused by deep blockages of dead skin cells and sebum,
- Reduces fine lines and signs of premature aging by increasing cell turnover – meaning younger, healthier cells are now visible on the skin’s surface,
- Acne scars (and other scar lesions) respond well to consistent glycolic acid treatment,
- Other products and treatments can penetrate deeper as it removes the ‘barrier’ of dead cells and surface grime,
- The effects are compounded – meaning frequent use will provide better and better skin,
- It minimizes the appearance of pores by keeping them clear and helping the surrounding cells to strengthen and regain elasticity.
Note: ALWAYS wear sunscreen when you use any type of AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) and start slowly like once every three days. I personally use mine every other day!
♥ My Favorite YouTube Video of the Week ♥
Wayne released such a quick video that it got me thinking and I would like to hear from you…
- What do you dislike physically about yourself?
- What you dislike personality-wise?
Personally, I really dislike my curly hair; I’m so tired of the perpetual bun or the hour it takes if I want them to be somehow straighter or nicely curled … Personality-wise, I wish I wouldn’t start all these projects and never finish them, I guess I’m all over the place! What about you ????
Note from BM: Ingrid has to most beautiful smile and when she wakes up, it’s laughter and good mood all around… Unfortunately, I would like her to think more about herself; she is so whole-hearted and generous that sometimes she even forgets that she exists!! (Me:😊)
Have a beautiful Sunday my beauties!
DISCLAIMER: This is not sponsored. Although some items may have been sent as pr, I am under no obligation to review them. Most items I discuss are purchased by me. All opinions expressed are my own and not edited by any companies mentioned.