Beauty · cruelty-free · Lifestyle · Makeup · Skin Care

Transitioning to Cruelty-Free Makeup & Skincare|Curly Spring Blossom

Transitioning to Cruelty-Free Makeup & Skincare|Curly Spring Blossom

Like stated in my title, I’ve decided to only BUY Cruelty-Free beauty products, unless I can’t find a great CF replacement for a certain category. My goal is not to become a  propaganda blog and show you pictures of what’s going in these testing labs or advocate my personal decision to make this transition! I only want to write about my best discoveries and share them with you.

Why going Cruelty-Free?

Why not!?! Men walked on the moon, we discovered cures for innumerable diseases, we are finding new ways to do things better and faster, we are more aware and concerned about the environment, and large brands still test on animals 🤔?!? I don’t believe that in 2017 there should be any more animal testing; it’s barbaric, cruel and TOTALLY unnecessary. Test on me instead, please!

Which brand will I miss the most?

Makeup wise, I will be crying my eyes out when I’ll pan out my last MAC Paint Pots and my Fix Plus, or all my Make Up For Ever eyeshadows, but other then those, it’s been a breeze. The most challenging part will be skincare and perfumes since half of my favorites are brands that do test on animals.

Did I throw away all my none Cruelty-Free products?

Of course not, it would be stupid to do so and the last I checked, I haven’t found a money tree in my backyard. They’re still great products and some will probably even end up in my empties or favorite products’ posts regardless of my CF passage. Like I previously said, I’m not someone who is rigid in life in general, so I feel alright using my old products, enjoy them and still review them!

Will my blog suffer?

Let’s focus on the positives: with this transition, I’ll give some well-deserved exposure and free press to smaller brands with exceptional products. I’ll also try my best to let you discover some great CF alternatives in the makeup marketplace, if you’re thinking of making the move too. I’ll probably loose some readers but I’ll also gain a few and, honestly, I like to think that views and followers are not the most important aspect of my blogging.

Is it hard or easy?

Ridiculously easy! In fact, I found a ton of new products that I absolutely love. Great Cruelty-Free makeup items are easy to find and surprisingly, I noticed that 75% of my Holy Grail makeup products were already CF! My quest to find replacements for the other 25% fosters an amusing opportunity to get out of my comfort zone! So far, the only products that I can’t seem to find good CF substitutes are eye primers, perfumes & setting sprays. And seriously, it’s been a fun adventure to discover new brands, new products and frankly it’s way easier than I thought. The process is refreshing: after 3 years of blogging, I wanted a new direction and to be excited again about the beauty industry. This move gave me purpose…

 

Capture d’écran 2016-04-09 à 11.04.01

Let’s connect on Bloglovin’ │ Twitter │ Instagram │  Pinterest

Email:CurlySpringBlossom@gmail.com

5 thoughts on “Transitioning to Cruelty-Free Makeup & Skincare|Curly Spring Blossom

  1. I’m finding that it’s more and more common to find cruelty-free brands these days – either brands are slowly transitioning to cruelty free, or there are more new CF brands on the market are being carried by big retailers…probably a mix of both. I’ve been pleasantly surprised when I buy a product and I find that it’s cruelty free on the packaging. Certainly makes it easier to transition to CF!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s